Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Restless in Ratopia



REST = the act or state of ceasing from activity or motion, refreshment, relief or freedom from disquiet or disturbance, mental or emotional tranquility, to be supported, to be given a responsibility, to be located in a specified place, to be fixed or directed on something, to cease voluntarily the presentation of evidence in a case, an interval of silence corresponding to one of the possible time values within a measure, a short pause in a line of poetry, peace

LESS = without, lacking

RAT = that would be me



You ever feel like your trapped in a big maze, running at fast as you can to find some treats before the other rats get the best stuff, while someone on the outside is watching, taking notes, and judging your performance?

No?

Well…uh…yeah…me neither.

Actually, I’ve got a plan and I’m sticking to it. I eat right, sleep well, exercise regularly, and leap out of bed ready to take on the world. I’ve got the house, the wife, the kids, the dog, the cat, and the white picket fence. I think only positive thoughts and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that life is good for those who take it by the horns and bend it to their will. If I’m willing to work hard (and maybe pucker up and bend over once in a while) I can make it to the top. I’ve got God safely in my pocket and take him out whenever I need answers, inspiration, or just want to feel good about myself.

Yep, life is good.



“RAT” = (slang) a despicable, sneaky person, especially one who betrays or informs upon his associates



Ok, maybe I’m laying it on a little thick. Seriously though, life is good. It’s often messy and usually muddled - but it’s better than the alternative!

Once in a while I’m struck speechless - in awe of life and death; most of the time I don’t give it a second thought. To busy, gotta run, gotta get the treats…speaking of which…for now I gotta go go go!!!

6 comments:

Joann said...

Ahhh bliss. It's fun to read your stuff because it has layers and needs a second read to understand its nuances. Love it! Welcome fellow blogger!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is going to be GOOD! The man is writing and sharing! Oh, yes, yes, yes.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaah bliss. I look forward to all your writings, Mister Anonymous Rat. :)

In fact, I plan to view my entire life in terms of pre-RestlessRatBlog and post-RestlessRatBlog. And I might break Blogger by trying to load your page too often.

Rattus Peregrinus said...

LOL!

Ah...I feel the love.

Quick group hug!

I really do appreciate the support and encouragement though. Y’all are awesome!

Unknown said...

Bottom line: any day above ground is a good day.

Rattus Peregrinus said...

“Bottom line: any day above ground is a good day”

I don’t know…there’ve been days when a good dirt nap sounded like just the thing.

But those days are pretty much long gone after years of counseling, medication, and one fortuitous session of self administered electro-shock therapy! (car battery & jumper cables – I DO NOT recommend trying this without consulting your doctor)