Friday, May 25, 2007

One of Those Days


THINGS I COULD DO:

A) Blame God.
B) Blame myself.
C) Get drunk.
D) Get really really really depressed & wallow in the injustice of it all.
E) Ignore feelings and move on.
F) Shortness of breath, constricted chest, tense neck & shoulders, headache with an curious throbbing in the right temple, mild nausea, and all around lethargy.
G) Commit “accidental” death and get wife & kids life insurance money.
H) Chuck dreams and resign myself to a life of mediocrity.
I) Blame Bush


REFLECTION ON “THINGS I COULD DO”:

A) Nah! I hate waiting in lines.
B) Couldn't have done anything different – but I gotta blame somebody.
C) To expensive.
D) Pointless – but I’m REALLY good at it!
E) Moving on is good, but ignored feelings turn into gangrenous pustules waiting to spew at inappropriate moments.
F) I'm feeling it!
G) Wait, we don’t have life insurance – damn damn damn!
H) Tempting!!!
I) Ah…I feel better already.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVED your posts! It's so amazing that only when you bare the innermost thoughts of your soul, do you realize how truly alike we are! They inspired me to find this writing I did months ago on a scrap of paper and stuck in my purse. I wrote it for Robyn; it's not deep or philosophical, just poetic. It makes me wish I could paint with watercolors! Hug the kids for me.

Time for, Good Night

When stars dance on paper clouds deep,
and shadows dance along the ground,
When the bright sun yawns, and stretches toward sleep,
And the moon rolls out,
splotchy and round;
That's when it's time.
Time for splashes and bubbles and toys that float.
Time for wet hair and giggles,
for curling up in a warm towel coat.
Time for minty smiles and pajamas with feet,
For crawling in bed, for songs and dreams
and stories to meet.
Time for kisses and hugs and a friend to hold tight,
To snuggle and yawn, together drifting,
dreaming,
good night.

Rattus Peregrinus said...

Reading your poem is a really good way to end a tough day.

Because that’s what life is all about – relationships – family – the little joys that don’t cost anything and can’t be earned.

They can only be forgotten or put aside.

But they’re where the magic is.

Now if you’ll excuse me – I have some children to kiss!

Unknown said...

Mahalo - Thank You

Joann said...

Your brutal honesty is refreshing. That picture is really awful! I have been thinking about it since you posted it. Just the thought of the torture..

Rattus Peregrinus said...

The artist perfectly captured how I feel at times (less often fortunately).

It’s amazing how I can torture myself with my own thoughts and expectations and then unintentionally share my experience with friends and family.